Theme: Exploring the Unexplored
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT PAKISTAN
EVERY PAKISTANI NEEDS TO KNOW;
You may have heard some unfortunate news about Pakistan via the various news channels but didn’t probably know what real Pakistan is. Here are some interesting facts about Pakistan that will blow up your mind, which you do not see every day on traditional news channels.
- Pakistan is the “first & only Islamic country” to attain nuclear power;
On May 28, 1998, Pakistan became a nuclear power when it successfully carried out five nuclear tests at Chaghi, in the province of Baluchistan.
- Pakistan’s national anthem tune ranks “first in the top three” tunes of the world;
Hafeez Jallundhri’s poetry filled with inspirations and motivations were beautifully composed by musician Ahmed G Chagla and ranks first in the top three tunes of the world.
- ‘Fourth largest broadband’ internet system of world is in Pakistan;
Pakistan is ranked fourth in terms of broadband Internet growth in the world, as the subscriber base of broadband Internet has been increasing rapidly with the total base crossing 170,000 in the country.
- The world’s ‘second highest’ and ‘the ninth highest’ mountains are in Pakistan;
A large portion of Karakoram range runs through Pakistan. The country has 8 of the top 20 highest peaks of the world in Pakistan where K2 is the second highest peak after Mount Everest. The other significant peaks include Nanga Parbat “the ninth highest mountain”, Rakaposhi and Tirch Mir etc.
- World’s ‘youngest certified Microsoft Experts are from Pakistan;
The world’s youngest certified Microsoft experts, the late Arfa Karim and Baber Iqbal, both hail from Pakistan.
Baber Iqbal who live in Pakistan is not only the world most youngest Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) but he is also the world’s most youngest Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) and also world youngest Certified Web Professional Associate (CIWA).
- ‘First PC virus’ was created by two Pakistani brothers;
The first virus ever made in the world have created by two brothers in Lahore.The first computer virus named “Brain” was designed by Amjad Farooq Alvi and Basit Farooq Alvi with the intention of determining the piracy of a software written by them.
- The Karakoram Highway, the ‘highest paved international road’ in the world;
World highest paved international road is also in Pakistan. This road link China with Pakistan and known as Karakorum.
- World’s ‘highest Polo ground’;
World’s ‘highest Polo ground’ is in Shandur Top, Pakistan at a height of 3,700 meters.It also is a picturesque location with beautiful lakes and sky high mountains on all the sides of the valley.
- Manufacturer of ‘one of the best jet fighters’ of the world;
Pakistan is a proud manufacturer of one of the best jet fighters of the world. They have produced the mighty JF-17 Thunder fighter jet which the country now is exporting as well.
- EXPORTER OF SURGICAL INSTRUMENT;
Pakistan is ‘one of the biggest exporter’of surgical instruments all around the world.
- Pakistan as being the “Next Big Thing of the world”;
World’s most famous tourist guide book, the Lonely Planet has stated Pakistan as being the “Next Big Thing of the world” tourist industry.
In short, Be Proud to Be a Pakistani!
- I); http://aaj.tv/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/2011_10_28-2011_10_28_7_16_51.jpg